Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Being Happy

I've been doing a lot of thinking the past few weeks. I know this is hard to believe, but sometimes I really DO dust off the pinkish-grey thinking machine and have a go at logical contemplation.

Anyway, I've decided to scrap my old plans that I've been working on the past several years, and restructure my future goals. I realized, in the course of hating what I've been doing for the past couple of years, that hating what you do isn't condusive to personal happiness.

I started out with the goal to learn Internet Marketing, and got sidetracked when I learned I could make pretty easy money writing articles online. My plan was then to start my Internet Marketing career once I made enough in residual income from my articles to support myself.

But then Hell Year happened. While I won't go into details, 2009 was one of the worst years I've ever experienced, and I'm still not fully recovered from it. But one thing I've learned is that I want to be happy, and that making a lot of money is no longer as important to me as it once was.

I want to do something that I enjoy to a great extent, and while I don't think I'll ever make a lot of money from it, I want to be able to enjoy my life. I want to paint, and sculpt, and make ugly collages and assemblages that most of the time are unappreciated by anyone but myself. I'm smart, I'm sure I can figure out how to make some type of profit from my artwork, but I'm no longer dead set on making a fortune. It's what I want to do, and that's what I'm going to do.

12 comments:

  1. this is a new year. just keep trying things out and u'll see results. I have a few blogs that make consistent income now. took a while, but it'll happen with hard work and a good eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious: how did you go about getting work writing articles online? It's something I'd like to do. I'll trade you my painting/sculpting career for your writing career! :)

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u threegauchos:)

    Matt, Just sign up at content sites like Bukisa.com, associatedcontent.com, ehow.com.

    There are a lot more, those are just a few. I would start at associated content, they are easy to write for

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the new plans are going well! :) Have a much better 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great plan. Hopefully 2010 will be your year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds as if you're making progress. Finding out what you Don't want in your life and eliminating it creates a vacuum, which allows what you Do want to come into your life. I've had years like yours. Glad you survived it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello - "Flow and Congruence" - idea is if you have work you love, success naturally follows. Success of course should not just be measured in material terms but it sounds like you have worked this one out already!

    I like the way you are receptive to change - its the only way we grow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joseph Campbell said it best "Follow Your Bliss" - it is the energy behind everything.
    If it what you really want..

    Best Regards
    Aspen

    Http://oasisaspect.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I took the risk and I found this outdated blog post. Nice though. Hoping for your new post.Thanks for stopping by my site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you are strongly goal-driven, then these wonderful things will happen for you. I admire your strength in changing directions. Now, just be tenacious and go for it! Wishing you the best...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello HTR!

    We live and learn - that's what's life is all about. I sincerely hope, whatever path you chose, you will enjoy every minute of your journey. Most of all, at the end of it, you'll find happiness and contentment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HTR-the very fact that you've identified happiness as your goal proves you're already a lot happier. Stick to your artistic plan-sounds like a sure winner in spiritual payback.

    ReplyDelete